Monday, June 9, 2014

Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando



Title: Dragon's Lair
Author: Chantal Fernando
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: May 19th 2014


When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.

Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals.
He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing. 

He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.
And I’m screwed.














933897_334070693391649_276626158_n



Chantal Fernando is 26, a mother of three beautiful little boys and lives in Western Australia. Chase is her debut novel, followed by Kade, Ryder, James and Maybe This Time. She is currently working on a few other projects.

Facebook | Goodreads


RESISTING LOVE SERIES 




MAYBE SERIES


TOXIC GIRL 









Dawn's 3.5 Bookmark Review
 
This book follows Dexter "Sin" Black and Faye. Faye catches her boyfriend, Eric,  sleeping with her friend and in an act of revenge sleeps with her childhood crush Dexter who just happens to be Eric's brother.  This storyline seems like a good one so I dove into the book ready to discover how this was going to go down. Only I struggled in some places.
 
The writing was good. It kept my attention and I thought the first chapter where Dex finds Faye at the hotel was good. If the whole book would have stayed like that I would have given this a higher rating. Here is where I started having issues.
 
One:  This book had so much good potential. I really thought the author could have pulled this off in a brilliant success but unfortunately it turned predictable. When you can guess whats going to happen the book quickly becomes forgettable.
 
Two: There wasn't enough backstory. We learn that Faye has crushed on Dexter the entire time she dated Eric but there was no flashback for us to see this. No way for us to want her to be with Dexter because we knew it was what she wanted the entire time.
 
Three: This story felt rushed at the ending. I would have liked more about how Faye was settling into her life and how her Dexter and Clover were going to make it work. It just seemed like the ending ran out of steam.
 
With that being said, as mentioned, this book had good bones. I loved the secondary characters and there were parts that had me chuckling. It was an easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment