Friday, February 14, 2014

SNEAK PEEK: UNRAVEL by Calia Read

Calia Read SneakPeek Unravel bannerjpg


Take a sneak peek into Calia Read's new book UNRAVEL, scheduled for release on Monday, February 17th. 
Are you ready to unravel the truth?
unravel

Synopsis
Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine.
One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.
Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.
Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.
A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.
And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me.
Do you believe me?

Trailer

Excerpt
Her office has been quiet the entire time I’ve been here. But a static noise reaches my ears. It’s loud and makes me shriek. It sounds like a radio not quite in tune. And then I hear a voice behind me.
“Naomi.” The hairs on my arm rise. “No one will believe you.” The voice becomes louder, powerful, darker.
Paranoia makes me turn in my seat. Nothing is there, at least in the physical sense. But I feel something. The presence is so ominous it feels like it’s only a matter of seconds until the bowels of hell reach up and swallow me whole. 
I remember the girl I saw in the hallway. Her eyes flash through my mind. “How the hell am I still here?” 
I don’t want to get to that point. I know I’m close. Darkness is ready to pull me under. 
“Naomi? Are you okay?” 
I look up at Dr. Rutledge, but I hear Lachlan’s voice. 
“The Naomi I know would have never just given up so quickly. She would have fought to stay in the present.” 
And then Max’s. 
"If you love me then don’t give up.” 
Their words mesh together. Their voices become one. And it becomes a small piece of hope for me. 
I give her a blunt nod. My body is shaking. 
“I’ll tell you.” 
She sits there calmly, waiting for me to tell my story. But before I say a word, I hold her gaze. Pay attention, I say with my eyes. Listen closely. Hang onto every word. But most of all, please believe me.


AboutTheAuthor

calia read   

 Calia Read lives in Germany with her husband and their four kids. She's currently working on the third book in the Sloan Brothers Series, Ruin You Completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment