Monday, July 21, 2014

Craving Absolution (Aces #3) by Nicole Jacquelyn

 

Farrah Miller and Cody "Casper" Butler have a longstanding relationship that both refuse to discuss.

It isn't romantic.

It may not even be classified as a friendship.

Casper's been saving Farrah from herself for longer than he'd care to admit, watching silently as she drowned herself in alcohol and bad decisions. Then when she finally got her act together, he left. He told himself he was giving her time to sort herself out. He tried to give her space.

But getting shot in the chest can change a man's perspective, and Casper's done waiting.

When he shows up on her doorstep one night, everything changes.

He's the man who's seen her at her very worst.
She's his weakness.
He runs when things get hard.
She never lets anyone see below the surface and is terrified of being abandoned.

Casper knows it's a long shot, that there's a good chance she'll never drop her guard for him- but he has to try. Because a life with Farrah is exactly what he wants...
Even if he has to fight her for it.
 
 
 
Buy it on Amazon:  Craving Absolution - Aces #3
 
 
Interview Questions with Nicole Jacquelyn
 
How many books are you planning to have in this series?

As of right now, the Aces Series is a trilogy. However, Poet’s story is already in my head and I just know it won’t be long before I have to write it. There is also another couple that is going to need their story told—once you’ve read Craving Absolution, you’ll know exactly who I’m talking about. But for now, three books. I just don’t think I’ll be able to stay away from the Aces for long… I love them too much.

How did the idea behind Craving Constellations come to you?
 


I have no idea! None. It started out abstractly, a story about a woman on the run from her abusive husband…who goes to the bad guys for safety. Once it was in my head, it just snowballed, I could see her. I knew where she was going… so I sat down and wrote.



Are you planning to write anything other than books about MC's?

Definitely. The new series I’m putting together doesn’t have anything to do with Motorcycle Clubs—though that doesn’t mean that none of the heroes will ride a bike. J It’s about family, the ones you’re born into and the ones you make for yourself. A group of foster kids that left home when they turned eighteen and are just starting to trickle back into their hometown. I’m just starting to map out how all of the characters are connected, how they interact, their backstories and personality quirks. I can’t start writing the next story until Craving Absolution is published though—it just doesn’t feel right to write other characters before my Casper and Farrah are out in the world. 
 
 
Dawn's 4.5 Star Book Mark
 
OMG! Finally! Ok so here's the deal. The first book in this series had me excited. I loved Dragon and Brenna. The second book had me a tad disappointed which is surprising because I loved Grease but for some reason the story of Asa and Callie left me a little flat. So when I was reading this I was unsure if this book would be one that excited me or left me a tad disappointed. Let me tell you this book was AWESOME!
 
So we have Farrah and Casper (Cody). Casper is the younger brother of Callie. He has loved Farrah for a long time. Farrah was a mess after Echo's death. She was using alcohol and drugs to ease her pain. Casper has seen her at her lowest of lows, a fact that is hard for Farrah to get over. When Casper decides he has given Farrah enough time to grieve and she has straightened up her act keeping clear of the booze and drugs he makes his move. The relationship between these two is sweet and the chemistry between them amazing.
 
Casper and Farrah develop a solid relationship. However, anytime things get a tad rough Casper has a hard time sticking around and talking things out with Farrah. This made me want to smack him upside the head. Farrah, bless her heart, knows that despite his skittish ways is worth it and she allows his apologies time and again. When a horrendous incident happens forcing Casper to do something that messes with his head he pushes Farrah away. The MC is there for him but in the meantime it triggers actions that put Farrah into danger.
 
I loved this book and especially the epilogue. I am dying for two other books and hope Ms. Jacquelyn will write their stories as well. Pick this book up you won't be disappointed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment